So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide. In this guide, we will show you the steps to restore Nothing Phone 1 from Custom ROM to Stock.
- It would be best if you had strong internet connectivity to backup all your files into google drive.
- The most needed file for the backup; the Scatter file, can now be created automatically.
- This step involves talking a Backup of the whole phone including System OS, Boot files, Modem and Data Files.
- Roshan Singh is the Founder & Owner of Ur Tech Partner.
- However, for newly launched phones the availability of TWRP recovery may take some time as per the development.
Roshan Singh is the Founder & Owner of Ur Tech Partner. A young self-trained part time blogger and computer expert. Checkout How to Make Fake WhatsApp Conversation and See who visited your Whatsapp profile today. Because Android OS are open source, those with in-depth knowledge of the languages can modify the OS and customize it to their preferences to make it more attractive. The place to get help for questions you have related to your Android device and the Android ecosystem. Confirm the selection, and you’ll return to the Actions screen. All the actions are shown in their own individual cards — swipe them away to remove them.
In some devices, you need to flash recovery image using ADB and Fastboot. Majorly this applies to the device which has Google’s stock UI such as nexus, pixel, most Motorola device, etc. You can learn what is custom recovery from our previous article is. In this guide, we will show you the steps to create a TWRP Nandroid Backup directly on PC via ADB Commands. When you step into custom development, there’s always an element of risk involved in things going south.
Do you want to flash your phone and reinstall Android OS? Read this post to know how to reinstall Android OS on phone using PC, in a couple of minutes. Even if you do not do many of these steps signing into your Gmail account on a new device is almost all you need. One popular method is to use AirSync From DoubleTwist,which will sync data between your computer and your smart phone, as iTunes works for iOS users. Some custom ROMs (like Pixel Experience and Evolution X) come with GApps pre-installed. In such cases, you don’t have to flash the GApps file separately. Custom ROMs are device-specific, so download a ROM that’s made specifically for your device.
- To start off, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer.
- These users perform an official update to a new Android verison but dislike the new verison or try firmware new custom ROMs and want to get back to the old one they used to use.
- If you face any issues, please use the Patch Image method.
- The app also offers to backup only selected conversations, which is great.
Please double-check with your device forums for variations. Select and Download a firmware version, then click Start to Upgrade. You won’t be able to back up the boot image and the system image easily otherwise. So with all of this being said, if you’re new to the aftermarket development scene, you’ll have to install a ROM that’s specifically made for your phone. You’ll then have to find ways to recover it or take it to the service center. CWM and TWRP recovery are quite popular amongst android users especially those who love to flash custom ROMs or root their android devices. For some they just use the backup and restore data functionality of these third party recovery system.